Monday, July 8, 2013

Some additional info about Shattered Haven game folder's entrails

Good day (night) my dear readers :)

During the last post I stated the Screenshot Hunt, and, you know, the Hunt was successful. I've managed to get some photos no one (yet) posted over the internet. The way I did this was simple - tackling with some game code. Well, I *did* played the game for some hours, but solving the puzzles *again* was so painful that I decided it won't worth the efforts to beat the game anew for the sake of picture or two. And just before hitting the Quit button I noticed that Shattered Haven has an embedded editor. Yay, maybe I can find a way to play cinemas in under 15 minutes?

After reading some manual and digging through game folder in my Steamapps diretory I've managed to get all the list of game cut-scenes encrypted into base script of the first level. It didn't work properly though (it was playing the last file from the list) so I had to play scenes one by one and pick as much shots as it was required to please my aesthetic feelings. All the cut-scene files can be found at Steam\steamapps\common\Shattered Haven\RuntimeData\Scenes folder. You may encode playing scene by editing any cut-scene script by changing StartCunscene (paste-the-name-of-the-scene-here) command and then pressing one of the Test buttons just as I did.

Another good news is the music can be taken from the game RuntimeData\Music folder wothout any additional ripping. Feel free to listen it when you feel like it (just the same way as AI Wars: Fleet Command and many other Arcen Games games, excuse me for pun). You might also draw And if you're an ace of pixel-art you might want to create additional alternative visual content by following the instruction at RuntimeData\TexturePacks folder. In short you'll need to create your folder and place there some edited pictures with the same names and paths as of the original files at the Images folder and - voila! - your art is in the game :)

That's all I've managed to get you for some hours exploring the game entrails and bowels. Feel free to post a comment or two if you'll find something interesting.

Have fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment