Monday, July 8, 2013

Wild ducklings in the heart of capital of Kazakh Republic

Good evening (morning), my dear readers.

I was planning to make a useless post about how I struggled for saving some bandwidth by not redownloading music and prerequisites by fiddling with game files and Steam download mechanics, but it's not a topic people would be as agitated as myself about, so I'll change the direction drastically and write about an adventure our family had today :)

We're currently guests at the house of my mother-in-law in Astana, Kazakh capital. We have a private lot with two small-ish houses and all the beuties of post-soviet rural life like having conveniences in the kitchengarden and manual water delivery from water pump down the street. Well, it's not as bad as it seems - we're all got already used to it and it feels pretty comfortable now :) But that's not the point of my post.

Imagine my amasement when I felt strange agitation in the street after awakening at noon (I was resting after being preparing the last article 'till 5 AM). Our nephew and neece have found a whole brood of wild dicklings in open sewage trench by the street road (how did they get there?), so we had to catch them one by one and place them in plastic bathtub covered with thin perforated metal sheet or they'd certainly die of hunger or being eaten by street animals or crows. It was decided to build them a pen from spare scrap metal we had in abundance in our lot after our cat Murka has stolen one of them to teach its kitten to hunt. I might post a photo of the construction we made some later.
As for now I'll just post a photo of ducklings in the cardboard box we placed them 'till morning. Only one duckling is visible, while four more are bunched up under the veil. They feel warmer that way :)

I might post some updates about the wild life in our rural metropolitan home some days later. As for now the next game I plan to review is Organ Trail: Director's Cut, so stay tuned. Feel free to post a comment or two if you have anything to ask or to say. Bye!

P.S. Don't pay any attention to the timestamp on the photo - camera's clock was upset. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

No comments:

Post a Comment